Fun Things To Do In Brisbane
By Budget Motels on 10 March 2017
If you’re planning on holidaying in Brisbane sometime in the near future, you’re in luck – the city is abuzz with plenty of fun things to do. Whether you want to explore the nightlife with your significant other and keep the kids amused, you’ll be spoilt for choice. Here we’ve shared some of our favourite fun things to do in Brisbane according to the type of experience you’re hoping to have.
- Arts & Culture – The city is a hotbed of cultural offerings, festivals and events. Head to the Brisbane Powerhouse if you’re into comedy, musicals, live theatre or dance. West End is also known for live music gigs.
- Eat & Drink – Brisbane’s pleasant outdoor climate and abundance of fresh produce makes for a delectable dining experience. Enjoy a pub meal, fantastic coffee or a 5-course degustation.
- Family Friendly – There are plenty of things to keep the kids amused during your stay, from swimming at Streets Beach or bushwalking to visiting the Queensland Art Gallery or Sciencentre.
- Health & Beauty – If it’s time for some rest and relaxation, we definitely recommend heading to one of the day spas dotted throughout the region (Mizpah Spa, Shine and iBarber are popular destinations).
- Major Attractions – Let’s not forget some of Brisbane’s biggest attractions, such as the South Bank Cultural Centre, Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary, Story Bridge and major sports stadiums.
- Nature & Wildlife – Get outside and explore! Visit the Roma Street Parkland, City Botanic Gardens and South Bank Parklands or head to nearby Mt Coot-tha, Moreton Bay or the Scenic Rim.
- Nightlife – Brisbane continues to heat up when the sun goes down – there are plenty of pubs, bars and live music venues to enjoy. West End and Fortitude Valley are popular spots for those into the music scene.
- Shopping – Check out Brisbane’s premier shopping precinct (known as The City), which is home to more than 1000 stores. Nearby Fortitude Valley is popular for local designers and Woolloongabba for antiques.
- Sports & Recreation – Whether you love to play sport or watch it, Brisbane is the perfect destination. Watch the rugby or cricket at the Gabba, or head to Kangaroo Point for abseiling!
No matter your age or interests, we’re sure that you’ll find plenty of fun things to do in Brisbane. There are also some best beaches in and around Brisbane. Whether you enjoy being outside, feeling the wind in your hair, or you prefer to sample tasty delicacies, the city is filled to the brim with activities and experiences. Please feel free to share some of your favourite things to do in Brisbane – we’re always on the lookout for more inspiration!