Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.budgetmotels.com.au.
Information we collect
The types of personal information that we collect and process about you will depend on our relationship with you. It will include some or all of the following:
General information about you: your name, title, gender, date of birth, contact details, passport or other identification details (which may include your image) and your answer to a security question (for example, your favourite colour)
Contact details: such as phone number, address, email address, and social media handle
Travel details: such as travel itinerary, room preferences, property type
Health and dietary information: dietary requirement and health information, including requests for specific assistance, in connection with your use of our products and services
Your use of our products and services: such as property type, room type, internet systems and your previous travel arrangements with us
Our interactions with you: such as any feedback, complaints, compliments, claims you have made, responses to market surveys, records of any correspondence and interactions with us and our staff (including in person, online, by telephone or email and via social media)
Your interests: such as destinations you have visited, reason for visit, personal interests to enhance your trip experience.
Website and mobile apps: if you use our website or mobile applications, your geo-location, IP address, mobile telephone number or ID, and details of how you use the website or app and any third party sites that you have accessed from them
Programs and clubs: your record ID number and details of your participation in our programs and clubs.
Certain aspects of your personal information, for example details of your travel documentation, payment details and contact information, are required for many of our products and services and if you fail to supply such information as requested for specific services, we may be unable to provide you with the products and services in full.
How we collect personal information
How we collect personal information about you will depend on our relationship or interactions with you.
Directly from you
We mainly collect information directly from you, for example, when you use our website or social media, you call or write to us, we interact with you in person, such as when you use our products and services or participate in promotions.
There may be occasions when we collect information about you from someone else, such as:
- Affiliate partners participating in our programs and clubs
- travel agents, booking agents and other booking agents, including when you make an inquiry but do not complete a booking
- When someone else books or purchases good or services on your behalf
- Our service providers
- Third parties that provide us with marketing leads
- Businesses for whom we provide marketing and data analysis services
- Providers of third party websites, apps and social media platforms
How we use your personal information
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide and administer our travel products and services: to verify your identity, to contact you about your orders and bookings and travel and other arrangements, to process payments, for quality assurance and training purposes, such as training our staff, testing our systems, and managing our suppliers.
- For marketing purposes: to provide you with updates and offers, if you have chosen to receive these; to operate our competitions, promotions and events; to distribute our newsletters and other communications. We may also use your information for marketing Budget Motel Chain and our selected business partners’ products and services to you by post, email, SMS, phone and fax and, where required by law, we will ask for your consent at the time we collect your data to conduct any of these types of marketing. We will provide an option to unsubscribe or opt-out of further communication on any electronic marketing communication sent to you.
- To provide customer support: to handle queries, complaints and claims.
- To comply with our legal obligations and for safety and security purposes: to ensure the safety and security of all guests when staying with us, including investigating security and screening issues. We may process your personal information to comply with our regulatory requirements including in relation to regulators, as applicable, which may include disclosing your personal information to third parties, the court service, regulators or law enforcement agencies in connection with enquiries, proceedings or investigations by such parties anywhere in the world or where compelled to do so.
- To operate and facilitate your participation in our programs and clubs: if you are a member of our programs and clubs, we will use personal information that we collect about you to ensure that you get the benefit of the programs and clubs and our partners’ programs and clubs, including to track your benefit accrual and redemption activities and record your usage of benefits. Affiliate partners participating in our programs and clubs, and operators of partner programs and clubs, may also use your personal information to facilitate your participation in the relevant program or club.
- To conduct market, consumer and other research: to improve our products, services and marketing activities, including our websites, and to generate consumer insights that help us to market more efficiently and to be more relevant to you.
- To ensure website content is relevant: including to ensure that content from our websites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device, which may include passing your data to business partners, suppliers and/or service providers.
We may also combine the information that we collect and hold about you.
Disclosure of personal information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in connection with:
- goods and services that you have bought through us or that we provide to you
- the operation of, and your participation in, programs and clubs
- our legal obligations, responding to complaints and claims, investigating any activity that we suspect to be fraudulent
- security, customs and immigration purposes
- Affiliate partners participating in our programs and clubs to allow you to receive offers and benefits in our programs and clubs
- Operators of other programs and clubs to allow you to receive offers and benefits in their programs and clubs
- various law enforcement agencies, regulatory authorities and governments around the world and their service providers
- such other third parties mentioned in the “How we use your personal information” section above
In addition to the above third parties, we may use service providers for the services listed below, many of whom handle your personal information on our behalf.
- Billing and payment processing, including detecting fraudulent or suspicious bookings
- Customer service and call centres
- Market research and analysis
- Marketing, printing and distribution (including mailing and email) services
- Information technology services such as data storage, guest booking and distribution systems, communication networks, software and system development, maintenance and support, incident investigation and resolution, and information processing, analysis and reporting
- Investigating and responding to incidents
We may disclose your personal information to comply with our legal obligations, respond to complaints and claims, and investigate and protect ourselves and third parties against any activity that we reasonably suspect to be fraudulent. We may also disclose your personal information to law enforcement agencies, regulatory authorities and governments around the world and their service providers in connection with their investigations, screening or other functions.
How we collect information
We collect personal information about you as a member of our programs and clubs through your registration and participation in them.
We may collect information directly from you through our interactions with you. We may also collect information from others who interact with us on your behalf, our related bodies corporate and Jetstar branded entities, partner airlines, third parties providing services for our programs and clubs, or our program and club partners, such as when you register through one of our program partners or transact with them.
We may also collect information from public sources (for example, Census data) and combine this information with information that we hold about you.
How we use your personal information
Providing and marketing enhanced products and services
We use your personal information to personalise the way we provide and market enhanced benefits, products and services to you. We aim to enhance the way you use our programs and clubs by understanding your preferences, interests and hobbies.
We may also market the products and services of our partners and other third parties who we believe may have products and services in which you would be interested.
General administration of clubs and programs
We use the information we hold about you to administer our programs and clubs. These activities include:
- confirming your eligibility to participate in, and receive the benefits, goods and services, associated with our programs and clubs
- investigating any activity we suspect to be fraudulent
We also use the information we hold to improve our services and customer service. This may be achieved through activities such research, behavioural analytics, and planning and developing products.
We may use this information we collect when users are logged in and using Budgetmotels.com.au to monitor the use of, and improve, the information and functions on Budgetmotels.com.au. We may also use the information to understand your preferences and provide you with information about our products and services and our partners’ products and services which we think may interest you.
Disclosure of your personal information
We may also disclose your information to:
- Providers of goods and services to members of our programs and clubs
- Service providers for our programs and clubs
They may use the information to assist us with our programs and clubs. Such activities may include:
- administering our programs and clubs generally
- determining your eligibility for, and providing, products and services
- handling and processing membership applications
- operating our call and service centres
- providing market research and marketing services
European data protection laws
This section applies if you are based in the European Economic Area (EEA) during your interactions with us (other than when you are in the EEA solely for travel purposes) and sets out the additional information that we are required to provide to you under European data protection laws.
Under European data protection laws, use of personal information must be based on one of a number of legal grounds and we are required to set out the grounds in respect of each use. Companies may process personal data only when the processing is permitted by the specific legal ground set out in the law.
The purpose of data processing and it’s uses
Purposes of the data processing
To provide and administer our travel products and services
For sensitive Personal Data
For marketing purposes
To provide customer support
To comply with our legal obligations and for safety and security purposes
For sensitive Personal Data
To operate and facilitate your participation in our programs and clubs
To conduct market, consumer and other research
To ensure website content is relevant
Our retention periods for personal data are based on business needs and legal requirements. We retain personal data for as long as is necessary for the processing purpose(s) for which the information was collected, and any other permissible, related purpose. For example, we may retain certain transaction details and correspondence until the time limit for claims arising from the transaction has expired, or to comply with regulatory requirements regarding the retention of such data. When personal data is no longer needed, we either securely destroy it, or irreversibly anonymise the data (and we may further retain and use the anonymised information).
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. We will inform you if we intend to use your information for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by not opting in when we invite you to participate in our marketing activities. You can also exercise the right by contacting us as set out in the “Contacting Us” section below or by managing your marketing preferences at “My Profile” if your profile is registered on our website.